Position Available Immediately
Online Content Creator
Ogilvy Namibia believes passionately in exploring and innovating; in collaborating and sharing knowledge; in upholding respect and inclusion; in clarity and candor; and in holding ourselves accountable for everything we do. Ogilvy seeks to bring out the inner greatness in brands, companies, and people.
Help grow our clients’ business through a variety of online channels by means of consistently delivering superior effective and creative content experiences.
You will help build strategic roadmaps and develop break-through, locally-relevant and engaging content across all audience touch points and media, from brand messaging to gated content, lead generation, social media and digital marketing, video and more.
There are three main areas of responsibility, namely:
1. Planning, Analyzing, Evaluating
- Develop workable budgets, media, content and editorial plans and realistic timetables.
- Collaborate with brand team in the creation of marketing recommendations, strategies, material and action for each client/brand.
- Review, analyze and evaluate assigned projects.
- Provide client platform and business updates on a regular basis to demonstrate upcoming opportunities and threats.
- Define project scope, estimate the scope of works, and provide/evaluate technical specifications.
- Educate brand team and clients, managing needs and expectations.
- Determine project risk on an ongoing basis.
- Lead complex multidisciplinary projects.
- Employ a variety of research techniques to understand and analyze online data and provide insight into relevant online conversations and voices in those conversations.
- Monitor out of scope requests, initiates additional estimates and approvals.
2. Team Leading, Coordinating, Managing
- Provide leadership within the agency and monitor work scope against all variables.
- Monitor strategic activities on assigned projects and communicate the status of each project to appropriate agency personnel in order to meet project deadlines, KPIs and/or business needs.
- Maintain good communications with appropriate agency personnel to ensure positive workflow.
- Present content and social media strategy deliverables to clients.
- Monitor and ‘enforce’ project constraints (schedule/scope/resources).
- Champion internal systems for higher productivity.
3. Content Development
- Competitive site analysis and benchmarking in content breadth, organisation, and presentation.
- Create development plans for online content; recommending content types and organisation based on user needs and marketing goals, identifying content gaps.
- Select and evaluate content.
- Define research requirements.
- Develop content attributes and classification schemes (content models).
- Content development and editorial calendar planning/creation.
- Familiarity with content management and editorial processes preferred.
- Initiate and lead appropriate project meetings.
- Conduct online media, influencer and partnership outreach.
- Assist in the execution of on-going content for clients.
- A classically trained advertising creative with a contemporary approach and appreciation of all channels.
- Fully rounded in creative skills, equally able to talk at a strategic business level.
- Emotionally intelligent.
- Drive strong brand ideas, which set category standards, and create excellent integrated work.
- 2-5 years of experience developing creative content.
- Team leadership.
- Developing and mentoring direct reports.
- A strong creative mind and the ability to connect business strategies to creative campaigns.
- Experience working with both in-house and freelance creative and product teams, including working with designers, information architecture, and SEO considerations.
- An understanding of emerging content and social technologies along with an ability to make decisions to maximise the impact of those technologies.
- Success in building business-impacting content including blogs, podcasts, ebooks, infographics, and other forms of content.
- Track record using social platforms as a nurture-to-acquisition channel for new customers.
- A dual-minded approach: You’re highly creative and an excellent writer and/or designer, but can also be process-driven, think scale, and rely on data to inform directions and priorities.
Strong organisational skills.
Ability to understand and manage high-profile situations.
Strong problem-solving and negotiation skills.
Ability to exercise sound and independent judgment.
Media neutral in outlook.
Data savvy. Selections, propensity modeling, results, and reporting. (Although we are not looking for a data planner).
Experience working with large organisations and on large TTL communications projects.
Comfortable working with both in-house and freelance creative teams (copywriters, art directors, designers, content architects, etc.) to nurture effective creativity.
Proactive in approach.
Drive digital agenda.
Comfortable working with multiple cultures, markets and media.